Superb Slots And Premium Pokies In 2022
TOP 4 New Zealand Online Slots Sites
Playing Free Online Slots
At OnlineSlotsNZ, we always recommend that our readers play the pokies they’re interested in for free, in Demo Mode, first, before putting any money down. You’ll generally be able to play these games without having to register for an account at the site offering them and can spin the reels on your desktop, smartphone, or tablet. They’re a great way to play for fun, practice strategy, and see if what’s on offer is to your liking.
What Our Top Slots Casinos Offer
A Massive Range Of Free Pokies
All the New-Zealand friendly online casinos our experts have given the green light to have enormous slots catalogues, jam-packed with classic, video, and Progressive Jackpot pokies. We make sure that a diverse range of 3- and 5-reel games are on hand and keep a special eye out for sites that offer top-of-the-range free titles.
Solid Software For Secure Gameplay
The best gambling sites have games from top-tier software developers like Crazy Tooth Studio, Foxium, Just For The Win, Rabcat, and Snowborn Games. You’ll always be able to find pokies with cutting-edge graphics and a range of dynamic features that run as smoothly on your desktop as they do on your Android or iOS smartphone or tablet.
When you’re playing online slots for real money rewards, you need the proper reassurance that your money is in good hands too. You can depend on our recommendations holding licenses from the relevant jurisdictions and that game fairness is guaranteed because of regularly tested Random Number Generator software governing how each title ends up playing out.
Generous Bonuses To Use Playing Pokies
Online operators can’t get away with offering anything less than a standout Welcome Bonus these days and this is even more true when it comes to slots. Players need to know they’re getting value for their hard-earned cash and will be able to enjoy a good amount of spins when they begin their real money journey with a site.
All our top-rated online casinos make incredible bonuses available to you when you register for your new account with them and the games that you’ll eventually be playing all feature high payout percentages. This means you’re always getting the best return possible for your bet.
And then our recommended operators make it insanely easy for you to cash out your winnings whenever you want to with a range of New Zealand dollar-friendly banking options.
The Perfect Pokies Playing Experience
You can rest assured that all the time you spend at the online casinos we’ve researched, investigated, and ended up giving a good review to is as safe as it is potentially lucrative. Our expert team checks for a good range and variety of slots and other real money games for desktop and mobile slots players as well as generous bonus rewards and comprehensive customer care.
And not only is our initial review process a very stringent one, but we also then do follow-up checks every few months so that we know our information is accurate and up to date.
Real Money Pokies Vs Free Slots
Although free pokies are amazing when you just want to play for fun, perhaps to hone your skills before you start spending real money, there’s nothing quite like real money gambling to get your blood pumping. We look at the pros and cons of each approach:
Real Money Slots Advantages And Drawbacks
Free Pokies Benefits And Disadvantages
The Biggest And Best Pokies Bonuses
As you can well imagine, the iGaming industry is a fiercely competitive one, so you’ll find that online casinos are always coming up with new ways to incentivise sign-ups. This is done by making a Welcome Bonus available, usually comprised of the casino giving you a percentage of your first deposit back.
We recommend that you pick and choose carefully when it comes to Welcome Bonuses and never skip the Terms & Conditions sections of these agreements. You may, for example, find that a certain deal may offer a smaller Match Bonus but compensate for this with more free spins on amazing slots and lower percentages when it comes to wagering requirements. We also advise that you keep an eye out for No Deposit Bonuses since these allow you to sample the different games without putting any money down.
Top Tip: Look for online casinos that provide generous Welcome Bonuses with reasonable wagering requirements. This will allow you to maximise the amount of actual cash you get to keep from any winnings you may accrue.
The Different Kinds Of Pokies
In the iGaming industry, there are four clear slot categories. These encompass the straightforward classic 3-reel games all the way through to the jazzed-up slots extravaganzas with bonus features and special symbols galore:
These games are most similar to the one-armed bandits of old and generally feature the typical symbols we have all come to associate with slots, like cherries, horseshoes, aces, lucky number 7s, and lemons. The player’s job with these is simply to line up at 3 matching symbols on a single payline and all you’ll need to do is set your coin value, place your bet, and away you go!
Multi-Payline and Multi-Reel Slots
These pokies give players many paylines across many reels, featuring anything from 9 to 243 lines.
Progressive Jackpot Slots
These pokies are connected across a network of different online computers and see thousands, and sometimes millions, of different players feeding into what eventually becomes a staggering prize pool.
Although these slots technically include all the different groups, the phrase is used to refer to games that feature particular themes and then have every feature inside them that link back to it. You’ll also generally find bonus games within these titles along with special symbols like Scatters and Wilds.
Although online slots are totally reliant on chance at the end of the day, this doesn’t mean that there aren’t things that players can do to get themselves in the best possible position to win. Experienced players know that following strategy works, whether this means limiting their gameplay to pokies with high payout percentages, practising bonus rounds in Demo mode, or knowing the required paylines inside and out.
Top Tips for Online Slots: Knowledge is power. It’s not possible to increase your chances of seeing a return when you’re playing games that are utterly random and totally dependent on chance. But there are certain things you can do to boost your bankroll when you’re spinning the reels:
Choose Your Pokie With Care
No two slots are the same and we’re not talking about different symbols, extra features, specific soundtracks, or dissimilar themes. Each pokie also has its own individual Return to Player percentage. It literally pays to stick to playing games with higher RTPs!
Create a Budget and Stick to It
One of the most important pieces of advice we have to give is how vital a strict budget is.
Experienced gamblers know they’ll be lost without one and creating yours should be the first thing you do before you start gambling online or off. Set a daily maximum spend, a weekly one, and one that tells you when you’ve reached saturation point for the rest of the month and ensure you never bet one cent over these totals.
It’s the only way to keep playing pokies stress-free and having a good time no matter whether you win or lose.
Go for Games With Smaller Prizes
As tempting as massive Progressive Jackpots are, they simply don’t pay out as often as games with smaller rewards do. Focus on titles with smaller prizes and you’ll see more regular wins.
Remember, Practice Makes Perfect
Before you even think about placing a real money slots bet, take advantage of the fact that certain slots are available in Demo mode. Not only is playing them great fun, but it additionally gives you the chance to get to know how a specific title works and whether there are any special quirks you need to be aware of.
Do this especially if the pokie you’re interested in features bonus rounds since it’s always better to know what to expect. Put aside the idea that slots are easy to play. The rules that govern them may be very straightforward, but a certain amount of skill and know-how will get you very far.
Understand the Paytable
Each pokie will have its own particular paytable showing what each icon is worth and which symbols are the most potentially lucrative. It also tells you whether the slot features Scatters and Wilds and what each of these special icons has the power to do while you’re playing.
Let Responsible Gaming Be Your Motto
Playing pokies online is supposed to be fun but it can easily turn into a problem. There’s nothing to be ashamed of if you start seeing warning signs in your own behaviour, but it’s key that you find the courage to stop as soon as you do.
The online casinos we recommend are all committed to making responsible gaming as easy as possible for their players, so you’ll find a wealth of resources including self-assessment tests, contact information for organisations that can assist you, and specific tools you can use right at the site you’re playing at.
Don’t be afraid to make use of them if it becomes obvious that you need to and share this information with your friends!
The Return To Player Percentage
When we talk about Baccarat, Blackjack, Craps, Poker, or Roulette, we commonly refer to the house-edge. But when we talk about pokies, we use the acronym RTP, which stands for Return to Player.
This rate tells you how much the player can expect to see back from a particular slot over the longer term. So, if we’re talking about a pokie with a 94.78% RTP, you can theoretically expect to eventually get 94.78c back for every NZ$1 you spend.
Online slots have much higher RTPs than their land-based counterparts do. Physical machines offer roughly 85% but internet-based games average out at 96%!
After you’ve set your budget, the next step is taking a long look at the paytable. Naturally, you intend to win the game you’re about to play, and this is impossible to do if you don’t understand how it works! The paytable will display a list of all the icons the game uses and reveal what they’re worth if you manage to land a paying combination.
The paytable will also reveal any special symbols in use in the slot, be these online casino Bonuses, Multipliers, Scatters, or Wilds. If you spot a Bonus icon in the paytable, you can safely expect an extra round in the game which generally award items like cash prizes and free spins. Follow this checklist when you’re reviewing a pokie paytable:
- Make careful note of what each symbol pays out.
- See if there are any special symbols available.
- Ascertain what you need to do to win the biggest jackpot the slot has available.
- Make note of bonus rounds or other special features.
Our Final List Of Hints And Tips:
- Become a part of the club. And we’re not just talking about the one for people who love playing pokies! Most online casinos have Loyalty Programmes and VIP Clubs that bestow special benefits on members and while you’ll usually automatically be entered into these when you sign up, make sure there’s no Opt-In or other action required from you to do so.
- Bonus rounds can be very profitable. This is where you’ll find additional jackpots and how you get free spins which can really ramp up your returns. Make sure you know where these are and what you need to do to get hold of them.
- Don’t rush! As easy as it is to get caught up in the adrenaline-pumping action of fast-paced online pokies, resist the temptation to hurry. Take all the time you need, focus on relaxing and having fun, and seriously consider what your next move will be, especially when it comes to bonus rounds.
- Focus on playing more straightforward games, especially in the beginning. You may find that the more complicated a game is, the more time and money has been spent on it by the developer. And this may mean that they want to increase play before a big payout occurs. While this is certainly not always the case, when in doubt, keep it simple.
- Look for games that pay out on a regular basis. Ironically, the best way to ensure you take a Progressive Jackpot is by playing games that provide smaller ones more regularly! There’s nothing more disheartening than systematically feeding money into a machine that never returns anything, so mixing up your gameplay trying for prizes big and small is a great way to ensure you keep having fun.
- Mind your budget. Your guiding thought needs to be that you’re only ever betting money that you won’t miss if you lose it. When you play this way, putting your focus on the entertainment of the game itself rather than on the possible payout, you’ll find that your gambling experience as a whole improves. When wins become happy extras, you know you’ve done a great job!
- Payline awareness is an important part of playing pokies. Beyond helping you decide if you want straightforward or more intricate gameplay, paylines help you determine the size of your bet and indicate how likely seeing a return is.
- Progressive Jackpot slots can be a blast. And although they pay out a lot less frequently than games with smaller rewards, it’s always a good idea to get in the running for a life-changing win every so often.
- Stick to licensed, regulated casinos like the ones recommended by the OnlineSlotsNZ experts. What could be worse than finally hitting the multimillion-dollar jackpot only to find that you’re never going to get paid out because you’re dealing with a rogue operator? Do your homework and stick to legitimate online casinos.
- Take note of bonuses, promotions, and special offers. These have become an industry standard and are available to both new and returning players. They may be available in the form of bonus codes, cashback, No Deposit Bonuses, free spins, or Refer-a-Friend offers and listed in Promotions or similar tab at the site you’re signed up at. Check in there frequently.
There you have it! Everything you need to know about playing real money pokies AND where to find them too!